Position: Food Technology Teacher (part-time)
Location: Jubilee School, Waterlooville
Hours: 24 hours per week
Salary: £25,714 – £36,961 per annum (pro rata)
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing school that is committed to improving the lives of children, we have the role for you!
We are looking for a Food Technology Teacher to join our team at Jubilee School. Someone who can teach Food Tech to pupils of all ages.
About the School
Jubilee School is a co-educational day school, which helps educate and support children aged between 5 – 16 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) challenges and additional complex behaviours. In addition to taking day students from the local area, Jubilee School is linked with four residential homes and is located in Waterlooville, just outside of Portsmouth.
About the Role
The successful candidate will have experience of planning and teaching Food Technology at KS3 and KS4 level. As well as delivering lessons to KS2.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an exemplary classroom practitioner who has high expectations of self and others and is passionate about encouraging all pupils to achieve success. We want someone with excellent classroom management skills, who teaches with an enthusiastic and nurturing approach and has high expectations of learning. You will have successful experience of working with children with challenging behaviour either as a result of ASD or SEMH needs. Ideally you would be able to contribute to the wider curriculum of the school through sports, arts, music, drama, and other enrichment activities. In return, you will have the opportunity to work with a fantastic team in a welcoming environment.
The post holder will:
- Secure a high quality of teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the curriculum leaders, and school leaders;
- Teach Food Technology to all year groups, ensuring the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum;
- In consultation with the Head of School undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
About the Group
- We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
- We provide education and care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children across the UK an holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
- We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of children and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Education and Care website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact 01204 558055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits (real or virtual) to the school prior to application are strongly encouraged. For further information please contact Kate Kendall – School Business Manager on 023 9225 0963
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.